Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Peek Inside Our Workshop


I am in love with these two little girls.  
They aren't finished yet but I can't wait to show you.   
They are my favorites so far.

Take a peek.   I'm curious to know what you think!


Named after my oldest daughter...   Ashley is almost complete. 


I love her hair, a combination of hand-dyed and hand spun, wool, silk and curly mohair locks.   

Ashley is my 9th doll.   She is my first creation to give me a feeling of perfection.   
Everything about her has fallen into place perfectly.   
Her arms, legs and body shape were born in my mind,  then I sketched her onto paper.   
I imagined a new way to attach her arms and as I stuffed them with wool she came together effortlessly.    From start to finish, she has been a dream.   
When I hold her in my arms I am completely pleased with her.  
She will be dressed in hand embroidered linen and 
which my mailman delivered from England.


Next...  how about a peek at my bitty baby?    She's just learning how to walk.



I loved crocheting her tiny shoes from pearl cotton.  
Because it was my first time, each shoe took me 8 hours to complete.

My two sweethearts will be available for purchase in Our Etsy Shop on August 20th.   

I can't wait to show you more!!!